If the weather’s kind, enjoy a game of tennis with your children, set them free to play on the trampoline, explore the fairy trail through the woods, or boot a ball into the football nets. Then sit down for a fabulous lunch or snack at one of our outdoor eating areas.
And if the rain comes down (or you need some quiet time) browse the library and settle down with a book, or choose a family board game to play in the lounge with steaming mugs of hot chocolate. There are DVDs to borrow, and all the rooms have DVD players, so you can snuggle up for a family movie.
While children are entertained in the crèche or Blue Room, unwind in the spa with a wonderful range of treatments, a thermal room… and a sense of peace. The bar is open all day, too – so you can enjoy a glass of Pimm’s or a cold beer after an energetic game of tennis, or a close-hit win at croquet.
The Elms cinema shows family films at the weekends, and there’s free Wi-fi throughout the hotel, so everyone is entertained, no matter what the weather.
The Elms has been designed with accessibility in mind. We want all of our guests, no matter your mobility or disability, to be comfortable here and offer:
- Disabled parking available directly in front of the house
- Ramp access into the main entrance
- Disabled toilet in the main house
- Three ground floor rooms in the Coach House annex
- One disabled room with wet room bathroom in the Coach House annex
- Ramp access to Coach House rooms
- Wide doorways into all lounges, the bar and restaurant
- Ramp access to the spa
- Disabled changing and toilet in the spa
- Ramp lift into swimming pool area
- Hoist available for access in and out of the pool
- Ground floor conference/private dining rooms available
- Guide dogs permitted (small daily supplement if staying)