Precautions and Preparations
You can’t imagine how excited we are to welcome you to The Elms Hotel from August 1st. All our lives were put on hold in March and this period of lockdown has not been easy for any of us. My deepest sympathies are with those who have suffered or lost loved ones. Now it is time for the healing to begin as we are all once again allowed to enjoy ourselves.
The Elms Hotel has never looked more beautiful than it does right now, a safe and sheltered haven where you can recuperate, relax, enjoy, or simply be. My team and I are eager to look after you. I invite you to come and experience the luxury and comfort of our hotel.
The health and safety of our guests is of paramount importance to us, and as such we have always operated with extremely high standards of hygiene at all times, in all areas of the hotel. In response to the COVID-19 crisis, we have put the following measures in place to further enhance our procedures and ensure the personal safety of each and every guest and member of staff on the premises, giving you complete peace of mind for the duration of your stay.
Please note that these measures are provided as guidelines only, and we reserve the right to update on a daily basis without prior notice given the evolving nature of the pandemic.
- All team members will be required to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) every 20 minutes
- All team members will be required to stay at home if unwell
- All team members will be required to follow official guidance on self-isolating
- The team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain physical distancing, wherever possible
- Our team have and will receive ongoing training
- Our team have new “no contact” protocols – including handshake
Our Valued Guests
- Please respect the social distancing measures in place
- We have cleaned your bedroom with extra care and sanitised it
- We have removed non-essential items to minimise any contamination risk
- An amenity kit will be available on request which includes sanitiser, wipes and face covering
- Due to the COVID-19 restrictions currently in place, some of our activities, services and facilities are unfortunately limited or not available
- In anticipation of individual concerns of guests, housekeeping shall not enter a guest room during a stay unless specifically requested, or approved, by the guest, or to comply with established safety protocols. Housekeeping shall maintain the practice of cleaning rooms thoroughly following check-out, incorporating disinfectant
- In guest bedrooms we will be removing all high touch items such as magazines, room compendiums, marketing literature and extra amenities. Additional disinfection will be in place of high touch room and bathroom areas (light switches, tv remote control, plug socket, handles)
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained.
- Breakfast room service will be provided at no extra cost, service is restricted to delivery to the bedroom door
- For walk in bookings, you will be required to give your contact details on arrival at the restaurant
- One-way systems in some areas of the hotel to prevent guests and staff crossing paths, and avoid small groups causing congestion at entrance or exits, where it is practicable to do so.
- Signage will be displayed in all common areas to reinforce social distancing message
- Enhanced cleaning programme in public areas with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch areas
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at the key public area (front desk, restaurant, toilets)
- The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of our ‘COVID-19 Secure’ operating plan. You can contact the Duty Manager at any time prior to, and during, your stay should you have concerns related to this or any other matter
Our Business Partners
- We will be receiving visitors and contractors to site by appointment in advance only
- Deliveries will only be received at the door, suppliers may not enter the premises unless they have an appointment
- Access to back of house areas restricted to staff only. No guest tours or contractor use of welfare facilities is permitted
Finally, we ask that as a guest at The Elms Hotel and Greenhouse Spa you commit to:
If in the unfortunate case, you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay.
It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our team, that any guests displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home.
We ask that when and where appropriate, that you make use of the kits. We ask that everyone respects the 1m+ social distancing guidance, not because we don't love you...but because we do!
And finally, please treat our team and your fellow guests with kindness and respect; this is a difficult time for all of us.
"I look forward to welcoming you to The Elms Hotel & Greenhouse Spa"
Arrival and Departure Experience
Your room key will be sanitised before your arrival, we request you keep this for the duration of your stay, and deposit it in the box provided at Reception on check out.
Arrival - Members of reception team will practice social distancing, including distancing between desks, to ensure separation between employees whenever applicable and possible. Check ins and check outs will be staggered so as to avoid queuing, and guests will be encouraged to wait in public areas, where seating will be appropriately distanced. These measures are in place to support with physical distancing and ensure the safety of guests and staff.
Card payments will be encouraged at all times.
We will still offer to assist with guests’ luggage, but will maintain social distancing whilst doing so. After handling luggage, staff will wash their hands or use a hand sanitiser.
Departure - Your bill will be presented the night prior to checking out, enabling you to phone our Reception team should you have any queries. We will process the payment on your debit/credit card provided during the reservation. We politely ask you leave the room key at the Reception before you leaving the hotel. Should you require a hotel receipt, the Reception team will be emailing you.
We are open to residential and non-residential guests for dining in our Badger Bar and Grill and The Great Chase Bar. We encourage our guests to make dining reservations in advance, you can certainly contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or book it online.
We have reduced the number of tables in the dining rooms and expanded our outdoor spaces and food offerings, single use menus will be in place across our dining facilities.
We will be managing table reservations so that guest arrivals are spaced more evenly to prevent tables arriving together – this will now include breakfast reservations. We would politely request that all allocated times are strictly followed, or we may not be able to allow your reservation to go ahead.
Breakfast room service will be provided at no extra cost, service is restricted to delivery to the bedroom door.
For walk in bookings, you will be required to give your contact details on arrival at the restaurant.
Spa and Body Boutique Gym
The body boutique gym is reopening in 1st September, and the Greenhouse Spa will be available from October.
Any spa days booked during this period are welcome to move their booking to a later date (subject to availability and upgrade charges).
All spa memberships will be frozen until we are able to reopen.
Please contact the spa team email@example.com to make these arrangements.
Any vouchers purchased directly with the hotel (either in person, over the phone or via the website) and due to expire between April to July will be extended until 1st December 2020. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for this arrangement.
Any vouchers purchased via a third party (such as Buy a Gift or Virgin Experiences) will need to contact the company directly to discuss their terms.
Weddings and other events
Any weddings or events booked during this period are welcome to reschedulele for a later date (subject to availability and upgrade charges).
From 1st August, civil ceremonies and Wedding receptions are permitted as sit-down meals for no more than 30 people and subject to Covid-19 secure guidelines. Over time, the Government will assess and communicate when larger wedding receptions can take place.
For further information
If you have any further queries, please contact us on email@example.com.