The Elms is for use by all the family, which means we’re not precious where the little people are concerned. We actively encourage our youngest guests to explore, discover and engage with their surroundings, and we provide a free and fun-filled crèche.
Our spa is carefully zoned so that the whole family can enjoy the indoor pool and hydro pool, while adults can escape to the peace of the thermal suite or slip away for a therapeutic treatment. The lovely Garden Café, with its all-day menu, is a great place for everyone to enjoy a light lunch or post-swim snack together.
In keeping with the ethos of Luxury Family Hotels, we also understand that a true holiday must include some me-time for parents, too. The Elms is set up to take the strain by providing two free hours a day in our crèche, a babysitting and baby listening service, and food served at times suitable for younger children. In the ten-acre garden, you’ll find outdoor games like croquet and mini football, along with lots of open space to run around in.
In the evenings, the restaurant is the adults’ domain – so you can enjoy a genuine ‘night out’ with your partner without needing to book a taxi. We even offer that most precious of things: a Sunday morning lie-in. Our friendly crèche staff will whisk the children away to Breakfast Club, while you curl back up under the duvet with your partner, a coffee and the newspapers.
We’re dedicated to making holidays easy with babies, toddlers and older children, and here’s how we do it:
We know that baby friendly hotels create baby friendly holidays (and very happy parents). At the Elms, we think of everything for you.
- Childcare Babies aged three months and upwards can spend two hours in our Bears Den each day, totally free.
- Baby listening Our complimentary baby-listening service means you can tuck the little one in, relax and enjoy a sophisticated dinner date. If you prefer, we can organise a babysitter (at an additional charge). Just call us to discuss your requirements.
- Baby equipment To take the stress out of packing, we provide all the bits and pieces you’ll need, including travel cots, nappy bins and changing mats. Call us in advance, and we can also supply bottle warmers, sterilisers and mini fridges.
- Swimming Little Dolphins baby swimming classes are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4.30-5.30pm and Wednesdays from 9.30am-12.30pm. Please note that swim classes are booked directly with Little Dolphins.
To take a look at our spacious double rooms and family suites, click here.
The perfect toddler friendly holiday does exist – all you need to do is find a thoroughly toddler friendly hotel. Well, you’re in luck…
- Crèche and children’s activities The Den at the Elms will keep toddlers entertained. Our free crèche sessions last for two hours, with a great choice of activities and lively staff who’ll ensure children have fun.
- Children’s dining When it comes to mealtimes, choice is a key part of what we provide. Little ones can join in with High Tea in the Garden Café served from 5pm-6pm, or family dining from 6pm in the Terrace. Our children’s menu has meals specially designed for the 0-5 age range, offering just-right portion sizes and popular but wholesome dishes.
- Toddler equipment We’ll liaise with you before you arrive to be sure your room has everything you need, including extra bedding, mini fridges and nappy bins.
To view our family rooms and check availability, click here.
Find the right child friendly hotel and an unforgettable child friendly holiday suddenly seems so easy. At the Elms, we’ve got it all taken care of.
- Bears Den Children up to eight years old can enjoy a free two-hour session in the Den each day, with tennis, football and indoor games to keep them entertained.
- Stress-free mealtimes Our ‘Older Ones’ menu contains high quality food that still has ‘kid appeal’, while our Brookes dinner menu, complete with mocktails, has options that will allow them to feel like one of the adults.
- Family bedrooms We offer rooms with interconnecting doors – ideal for families with older children who want a sense of independence.
To find the perfect family room for you, click here.