If the weather’s being kind, enjoy a game of tennis with your children; set them free to play on the trampoline, explore the fairy trail through the woods, have a bash at croquet, rounders or swing ball, and boot a ball into the football nets. Then sit down for a fabulous lunch or snack at one of our many outdoor eating areas.
And if the rain comes down (or you need a little down-time) browse the well-stocked library and settle down with a book, or choose a family board game to play in the lounge with steaming mugs of hot chocolate. There are DVDs to borrow – all the rooms have DVD players so you can snuggle up for a family movie. There are also video games in the Blue Room, the Bears Den crèche and, of course, the open-all-hours indoor pool (well, until 9pm).
If you take advantage of the crèche facility and Blue Room for older children, the Spa is ready and waiting to help you unwind with a wonderful range of treatments, thermal room… and a sense of peace. The bar is open all day, too – so you can enjoy a glass of Pimm’s or a cold beer after an energetic game of tennis, or a close-hit win at croquet.
The Elms cinema shows family films at the weekends, and there’s free Wi-fi throughout the hotel, so everyone is entertained, no matter what the weather.
The Elms has been designed with accessibility in mind. The following information will reassure you that we want all of our guests, no matter their mobility or disability, to be comfortable at this hotel:
• Disabled parking available directly in front of hotel
• Ramp access into main entrance
• Disabled toilet in main house
• Three ground floor rooms in Coach House annex
• One disabled room with wet room bathroom in Coach House annex
• Ramp access to Coach House rooms
• Wide doorways into all lounges, bar and restaurant
• Ramp access to Spa
• Disabled changing and toilet in Spa
• Ramp lift into swimming pool area
• Hoist available for access in and out of pool
• Ground floor conference/private dining rooms available
• Guide dogs permitted (small daily supplement if staying)